It is important to continue to turn in salmon captured in the Canadian Arctic because the more salmon we have, the more confidence we can have about our results, and the more interesting questions we can try to answer.
Ice fishing in Aklavik, NT, November 2011
So please, continue to report your salmon and obtain your reward.
The steps for us to get results:
1) Get salmon from community members on an on-going basis to continue to build our research platform.
2) Sample the salmon to get all of the parts (fins, scales, muscle, liver, otolith, etc.) necessary for the research.
3) Conduct the analyses using the salmon parts. Many different analyses are done to address different questions.
4) Interpret the data and decide what it means.
5) Report the results back to the communities, and to scientists.
6) Compete to obtain money to do all of this, year after year.
Look at our Latest Progress and the Facebook page for updates on project results.